Speaking metaphorically, the traditions of higher education at the State University of Oradea in Romania go back to the depths of centuries. In 2010, the State University Centre celebrated 230 years of continuous academic education and 47 years of university education.
Course offered at the State University of Oradea in Romania
15 courses offered by the State University of Oradea in Romania:
- Faculty of Letters
- Faculty of Construction and Architecture
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Geography, Tourism and Sports
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Faculty of Energy Engineering and Industrial Management
- Faculty of Management and Technological Engineering
- Faculty of History, International Relations, Political Sciences and Communication Sciences
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Faculty of Environmental Protection
- Faculty of Sciences
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Orthodox Theology “Episcop Dr. Vasile Coman”
The main mission of the State University of Oradea is the promotion of cooperation between instructors, students and communities with the aim of comprehensive development of knowledge and research.
Educational activities at the college are combined with research.
The State University of Oradea offers 86 Master’s degree programs from 15 faculties and 10 post-graduate degree programs; teaching and research aim at testing new technology-based opportunities. All classrooms are equipped with modern, constantly evolving multimedia aids.
The University campus in Oradea has two large lecture halls seating 640 students, 22 classrooms seating a total of 1940 people, and 60 rooms and laboratories for 3000 students.
Besides, the State University of Oradea features a new university library with highly computerized services.
For further development of the Faculty of Physical Education and Sports, the university centre has a real sports complex with rugby and football pitches, volleyball, tennis and basketball courts, and a gym.
There are regular investments and events; it is assumed that the most profitable financial or real-property investment is investment in students.
Education is the best long-term investment.
Let us take a closer look at some of the most important courses.
Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy in Oradea
The Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy in Oradea was founded in 1991.
Courses on offer:
- Medicine: 6-year program, 360 credits
- Dentistry: 6-year program, 360 credits
- Pharmacy: 5-year program, 300 university credits
- Specialized School for General Care: 4-year program, 240 credits
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation: 3-year program, 180 credits
- Radiology: 3-year program, 180 credits.
Faculty of Economics in Oradea
The Faculty of Economics was founded in 1991.
In 2011, the faculty celebrated its 20th anniversary; it grew from 40 students in the 1990s to more than 3000 students now.
There are 6 courses to choose from:
- Accounting and Management
- International Economic Relations
Various Master’s courses:
- International Business Administration
- Regional Business Administration, Accounting, Audit and Business Administration
- Economics and Business Administration in Tourism
- Marketing and Corporate Communication
- European Economic Relations
The objective of the Faculty of Economics in Oradea is to stimulate active partnerships between the University and companies for the benefit of the local community by improving the educational programs on offer and by developing international relations.
In fact, the Faculty of Economics in Oradea serves as a stimulant of regional economic development and European integration of Romania thanks to a large number of projects and high-level cooperation.
Faculty of Construction and Architecture
The Faculty of Construction and Architecture was founded in May 2002.
It separated from the Faculty of Environmental Protection and began its independent activity in October 2002.
Courses on offer:
- Sanitary Engineering and Environmental Protection: 4-year program, 240credits;
The Sanitary Engineering and Environmental Protection majors provide training to highly-qualified specialists in the field of development, implementation and operation of facilities and equipment related to water supply and sewerage in villages (water-related public utilities) for the environmental protection from pollution.
- Official Measurement: 4-year program, 240 credits,
- Civil and Industrial Engineering and Agricultural Facilities: 4-year course, 240 credits
Graduates of this program are trained in two basic areas: calculation of structural strength and construction works. Students also study several mutually complementary subjects such as management, economics, field-related law, and information technologies. Thus, conditions for flexible learning are created with the aim to achieve favourable results and meet labour market requirements.
- Architecture: 6-year program, 360 university credits.
Taking into account intensive urban development of North-West Transylvania and Romania in general, there is a constant demand for specialists in architecture and urbanism; the Faculty aims at training specialists in complex architecture who will be capable of providing effective solutions in the field.
Faculty of Geography, Tourism and Sports
The objective of the Faculty of Geography, Tourism and Sports is to train specialists majoring in geography, environmental science, physical culture, sports and physiotherapy in accordance with market needs. The qualifications awarded include educational professions (instructors at secondary and higher education institutions), environmental experts (media analysts), tourism agents (analysts), territorial planning agents (analysts), coaches and physiotherapists.
The main mission of the Faculty of Geography, Tourism and Sports is to train specialists majoring in geography, environmental science, physical culture, sports, and physiotherapy by ensuring the required disciplines, teaching processes, and special professional learning standards.
The Faculty includes two departments and a post-graduate program:
- Department of Geography, Tourism and Territorial Planning
- Department of Physical Culture, Sports and Physiotherapy
- Post-graduate program
The degree program lasts for 3 years and requires 180 university credits.
The post-graduate program was launched in 2002 and includes such fields of study as tourism geography, regional geography, geography of populations and settlements, ecological geography, climatology, hydrology, etc.
University Centre web-site: www.uoradea.ro
Web-site of the Civil Engineering and Architecture program: http://www.arhiconoradea.ro
Web-site of the Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy: www.medfarm.uoradea.ro
Web-site of the Faculty of Economics www.steconomiceuoradea.ro
Want to learn more?
Fill in the contact form to receive any information you want free of charge and without any liabilities!